It’s necessary. If you don’t have it already, treat yourself. Vegenaise.
Black Bean Broccoli Burger
- 2 cans of Unsalted Black Beans
- ½ of an Onion
- ½ of an Red Pepper
- 1 cup of Broccoli
- 3 tbsp. of Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup of Oat Flour
- 1 tbsp. of Vinegar
- 4 tbsp. of Garlic Powder
- 4 tbsp. of Cajun Pepper
- 1 tbsp. of Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. of Spicy Mustard
- 1 egg replacement
- 1 tbsp. of Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place the beans in a bowl and mash thoroughly or blend lightly
- Dice the onion, broccoli, red pepper and place in bowl with beans (set aside)
- Place the egg replacement, vinegar, mustard in bowl and stir thoroughly (wet mixture)
- Mix the wet mixture with the beans until it comes very moist.
- Blend the raw oats until it becomes a flour and stir in a bowl with the seasonings
- Next, mix the dry mixture into the bowl with the beans.
- Place the coconut oil on a pan and spread evenly
- Form the burgers into flat circles (size of your fist)
- Bake for 15 minutes and turn on other side, bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Note: these are extremely good on a whole wheat or gluten free bagel.. toast the bagel until golden. Melt the cheese on one side and place 1 tbsp. of vegenaise on other, followed by all your favorite toppings! I left this open because there’s a wide range of options to satisfy everyones needs.