Chickpea Carrot Ginger Soup
- 5 large Carrots
- ¼ cup of Coconut Cream
- 1 cup of Vegetable Stock
- ¼ cup of Spinach
- ¼ cup of Onion
- ¼ cup of Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- ½ of an Avocado
- 2-3 drops of Liquid Stevia (or 2 tbsp. of natural sweetener)
- 1 tbsp. of Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp. of Ginger
- 2 tbsp. of Garlic
- 2 tbsp. of Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. of Oregano
- Chopped Chives and Parsely for garnish
- Place the chickpeas into the bottom of a medium size pot with about 2½ cups of water. Cover with a clean towel or lid. (chickpeas will expand in size)
- Soak the beans for about one hour
- Drain the water from the chickpeas and rinse before cooking
- Next, place another 2½ cups of water in a pot with the chickpeas and let it come to a boil
- Cook for about an hour until desired tenderness
- Let cool and drain the water.
- Place chickpeas aside.
- Next, place olive oil and water in pot over the stove
- Finely chop the carrots along with the onion and place it in pot
- Let cook on medium temperature until tender (about 10 minutes)
- In mean time, cook the spinach in another pot with 1 tbsp of oil and set aside when complete (4-5 minutes)
- Next, when vegetables are fully tender, take ¼ cup of the vegetables to set aside to cool and place the rest in a blender followed by the vegetable stock, coconut cream, and ¾ cup of water.
- Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Finely chop the chives and parsley
- Change the blender speed to low and add them, followed by stevia, salt, oregano, pepper, garlic, and ginger
- Place the soup mixture back into a pot that is heated over the stove on low
- While the soup is heating up, add the carrots/onion, chickpeas (that were placed aside)
- Lastly, dice up the avocado and spinach and place in the soup to top off.